Up to three Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships are available to eligible students to support cross-disciplinary graduate research in the Neurosciences and related disciplines. The Melbourne Neuroscience Institute (MNI) will be seeking Expressions of Interest from eligible candidates for these scholarships in 2017.
The Melbourne Neuroscience Institute supports focused interdisciplinary research across fields as broad as Medicine, Mental Health, Engineering, Optometry and Vision Sciences, Ophthalmology, Law, Economics and Social Sciences. Basic and clinically-focused neuroscience research is undertaken in multiple departments of the University of Melbourne, with an overarching strategic focus provided by the University’s Melbourne Neuroscience Institute.
To be eligible for the scholarship, the student must:
- Be outstanding graduates who have demonstrated excellence in neuroscience, science, biomedical science, chemistry or other related disciplines.
- Have obtained overall marks in the highest grade band (e.g. H1 or HD) in a relevant Honours or Masters degree (H1 – 80 to 100%).
- Have not completed a PhD or held a graduate research scholarship previously.
- Commence or have commenced their PhD in the calendar year of the offer (2017). If the recipient has commenced their PhD, they must have at least 12 months of 3 years of candidature remaining at January 2017. For STRAPA recipients who do not commence their candidature prior to June 2017, the scholarship shall be withdrawn and returned to Chancellery (Research) for re-allocation.
Melbourne Neuroscience Institute Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship recipients will receive an additional support package for their research of $5,000 per annum from the MNI for 3 years. These funds will be allocated as follows:
- $3,000 per annum stipend top-up
- $2,000 per annum to be held by the supervising laboratory and used for direct research costs for the student’s project and attendance at conferences.
Enquiries: , 8344 8692, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vikki Marshall
- 8344 8692